Thursday, January 5, 2012

Life update

I am now back from my nice vacation and beginning my 2012 in Boston. The year is off to a roaring start, plunging me back into the busy-ness that has been the hallmark of my recent life. Here's how things are currently going.


For Christmas my brother Casey very kindly got me the book Sew Everything Workshop by Diana Rupp, which was recommended by favorite sewing blog Male Pattern Boldness as a good beginner sewing text. As you may remember I've been looking for such a thing for a while now, so that's the book I asked for. Skimming through it, it looks very informative, with helpful illustrations and evening including ten easy paper patterns to go along with the progression of the lessons. I'd love to dig right into it, but I don't think I'll have time in the near future, what with the other things coming up on my plate right now.

Next week I have my winter residency for grad school, my one extremely-intensive-ten-day period of classes to begin my second semester. This time around, I'll be doing screen writing. I must say I didn't particular enjoy the summer residency I had last June, but I know what to expect now, and I don't expect to have the same issues that made the last one so tough. I don't, for example, think I will have another teacher completely dismiss an important aspect of my aesthetic this time around, and if I do, well, at least I think now I'm better equipped to deal with it. That also means that I'll have assignments again, which means back to the grindstone. I enjoy that part very much, though, and I like how it drives me to generate work.

Also, as you may have noticed here on the blog, I have been working busily away on the script for my audio drama project, The Tailor of Riddling Way. The read through is scheduled for the 20th, so I have to be very diligent in order to have it ready in time. I still have some logistical and casting issues to work out, and I'm a little stressed to think this plan coincides so closely with my residency period, but I am determined to make this happen to the best of my ability. I think I may be able to rework what I write for this piece into a screenplay for school, which would please me very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...