Sunday, January 29, 2012

Savonarola costume, part II

I finished my Savonarola costume for Venezia this past Saturday. After finishing the vest, I just had to attach the hood. That turned out to be tougher than I thought it would be. In the end I used a tutorial on the Internet for making a hood on a Jedi robe. I cut a large rectangle, folded it in half to make a square, and sewed up one of the sides adjacent to the fold. It needed to be attached to the vest on the side opposite the fold. I pinned it along the neckline, but that left a lot of loose fabric just hanging. Unfortunately I never did figure out how to make the neck fitted while keeping the volume of the rest of the hood, so I just gathered it and attached it a little ways down the vest front. It came out looking pretty decent, even though the hood had a tendency to slide back down my head. I put it on over a black poet shirt, black leggings, black leather belt, and Renaissance boots. My hematite rosary hanging off the belt completed the look. Here is the final ensemble, from the front and from the back, and I am pretty pleased with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...