Monday, May 3, 2010

"Who do you think you are, Bruce Campbell?"

Saw usernamenumber* in Evil Dead: The Musical this weekend. It was a bit of a hectic process getting to it. Since Jared and I never totally settled on which show we were seeing, we never reserved tickets, so we were forced to get on the at-the-door list which, while they told us we'd likely be in with, made the waiting process nervous. And finding a parking space was hell, necessitating me leaping out of the car to stand in the waitlist line while Jared parked the car about a half a mile away. But fortunately all was well; we parked, got seats, and very much enjoyed the show. Everything was funny and Brad was phenomenal, such a great performer and so much fun to watch. I knew he was a great singer, but wow, was I impressed getting to see him onstage for the first time. I've seen Evil Dead 2 and parts of Army of Darkness, but never the musical. Jared is a huge fan of the show, so he had a blast, and I was impressed by the blood-splatter technology. I wonder if at MIT they have a bunch of engineering students on standby waiting to build weird-ass theatrical technical effects for shows just like this. :-) I'm so glad we managed to see it.

Now I think I am coming down with something. Again. This is getting absurd. I used to get sick exactly once a year. This is the fourth time since this past winter. My stress levels must really have done a number on my immune system. I am medicating with tea, which though it seems to be soothing I can barely taste. I hope I don't infect the people around me. Jared needs to finish his thesis this week, so he can't afford to be at reduced capacity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...