Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Love's Labor Lost and HTP history

Also yesterday was my audition for Love's Labor's Lost. I wasn't totally excited about it given how tired I was from the rest of the day, but I really do want to be part of this production and work with Shelby as a director. So I climbed back in the car-- blech, more driving --and made my way there. The audition itself went well enough; it wasn't my best, but it wasn't bad either. I think the biggest problem was how low my energy level was by that point, which probably didn't work so well with the Puck monologue I'd chosen to do because I've always liked how energetic it was. There may be a callback next week, and I should hear after that.

But the other cool thing about there was I got to meet a girl named Debbie Finkelstein, who now works at Brandeis but was a founding member of Hold Thy Peace. I knew she'd been in e-mail contact with Jared a bit, but this was the first time I'd actually met her. She told me she saw Hamlet and really enjoyed it! She even was impressed by my cut of the show. She's very nice, and according to her, I can now present a full history of the club's shows! I believe the complete list is as follows:

The Compleat Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) - Spring '01
Goodnight Desdemona, Good Morning Juliet - Spring '02
Taming of the Shrew - Fall '02
Merry Wives of Windsor - Spring '03
Much Ado About Nothing (directed by Shelby) - Fall '03
Merchant of Venice (directed by Debbie) - Spring '04
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead - Fall '04
Twelfth Night - Fall '05
Macbeth - Spring '06
The Tempest - Fall '06
Dr. Faustus - Spring '07
Hamlet - Fall '07
A Comedy of Errors - Spring '08
King Lear - Fall '08
A Midsummer Night's Dream - Spring '09
Romeo and Juliet - Fall '09
To Think of Nothing - Spring '10
Julius Caesar - Spring '10
A Winter's Tale - Fall '10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...