Friday, May 21, 2010

Elsinore status update

Last night saw some progress for getting Elsinore back into order. The chef's rack has been positioned-- it was slightly too big for the place occupied by the ugly shelf being used as a pantry, so it was moved to the opposite wall, and I think I like it there. The kitchen cart instead now occupies that place. And as anxious as I was to get the new table set up, it turned out to be unnecessary. It was exactly the same size as the old table, in fact they look extremely similar to each other, and the Daves agreed to take it instead because it would save them having to break down the other one in order to pack it into the car. More than fine by me, as I am thoroughly weary of fighting with the stuff.

So the kitchen is now set for furniture, though a significant number of our appliances and utensils disappeared as well last night. It's also looking like the big coffee table in the living room is going to go, as well as the small one down in the game room. Sigh. More stuff to replace. I am not relishing the amount of money it's going to take to cover all of that, and given financial limitations, how much time will likely go by before it's taken care of. The inconvenience in the meantime is also going to wear on me.

With help from lightgamer*, the chairs that came free with the table were moved down into the basement. Probably the best use of them is to go around the gaming table down there. I am now pondering possibilities for fixing them up. blendedchaitea* very kindly offered to help with this, and dear, I would love to have you lend a hand. So I will wait until she comes back to Waltham before I start work on them, but in the meantime I'm trying to figure out a plan of attack. I'm thinking they're going to require sanding, staining, and refinishing. That could be a pretty labor intensive-process, not to mention require buying a lot of supplies. Since I'm not sure they're going to be worth all the work and effort, we'll probably just start by doing one chair, and if I don't think it's coming out nicely enough, I'll just chuck the lot. Maybe I'll try to match the color to the gaming table, since that's what they will be accompanying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...