Thursday, May 6, 2010

Good things right now

Making an effort to focus on the positive, so here's some of the good things in my life right now.

Hold Thy Peace has a show for next semester! It will be A Winter's Tale, directed by the lovely and talented katiescarlett29*. She has a full prod staff and a strong vision going in, so I'm very excited for her project. Additionally, she is will be HTP's new president for the coming year, with Plesser to be secretary and Jenna treasurer. I feel good about all three of these new elections. Steph and I will be hanging out today indulging in my personal guiltiest of all guilty pleasures, watching Sex and the City. I shall have to get some snackies for us while we watch.

I found one more grad school to apply to. It requires that I take a GRE English subject test, which I can't sign up for until at least July, but it's got both fall and spring admissions, so I just have to get it in before December. It's not my first choice, but it's nice to know that I have possibilities.

Financially I am doing pretty damn well, considering how tight my budget is. When I got my current job, I set an amount I wanted to have in my savings account at all times as a goal, and with the deposit from this week's paycheck (only seven or so months later!) I am just $117 dollars away from it! Yay! I will still keep saving once I've hit it, but I will feel a lot more secure having that financial cushion.

I may have found a possible theater opportunity over the summer. I thought I already had an acting opportunity which would suitably occupy me, but to my great disappointment it fell through, leaving me with a much emptier summer than I'd hoped. I shall have to buck up the courage to ask the director if she would mind my auditioning, since she'd previously asked me to stage manage. I was very interested, since I like her and have never had that experience before, but since I thought I'd be busier I reluctantly had to turn it down. But I hope she wouldn't mind my asking to audition instead.

Those are all very good things, hopeful things. I need to hold on to those.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...