Monday, May 3, 2010

Lightheaded rambling about my face and hair

Just took a shower so scaldingly hot I feel lightheaded. The shower at Elsinore normally never gets very hot at all, so I'm a little surprised. Maybe it just hasn't been used very much since the water warning went into effect and that's what it can do when it's not depleted. At least it temporarily cleared out my packed sinuses.

My hair is getting blah again. I probably need a haircut again. Sigh. It feels like my cuts don't last very long at all, but the most recent one was the day of the To Think of Nothing read through in the middle of January, which isn't really all that recent. I should probably just go to the salon more often, probably every two to three month at best, but my haircuts are expensive enough that I can't really afford to.

And I never feel like I condition it all that well. It's tough to specifically get the ends the way I'm supposed to, which on me split and roughen the longer they get. And then it looks flat and awful. Blah.

And I touch my face too much. I always have. I don't know why; maybe as a comfort mechanism, maybe as a nervous habit-- like I'm trying to "fix" my features and make them acceptable to look at. Every book and expert will tell you it's unhealthy for your face skin to touch it too much. Maybe that's why I'm such a pizza face. And I'm a compulsive nailbiter, so my fingers are always in my mouth. It's a wonder I'm not sick every minute of my life.

Gah. I feel funny. I should drink something. And stop touching my face with my grubby little fingers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...