Monday, October 26, 2009

Stupid Inqscribe

Still fighting with that Inqscribe video subtitling program at work, freezing constantly and not pausing as quick as it needs to. It's driving me crazy. I can just barely manage to get it to function with little tricks here and there. For the videos that freeze every time when I open them to subtitle, I managed to make them work by opening an old subtitling file that I know does work, substituting the new video for the old one, and then resaving it as a different file. I have no idea why that helps, but it does. Also, the more frequently you hit the pause button, the quicker it responds-- almost like it's a sticky physical mechanism that seizes up without constant motion. Again, I have no idea why that helps. I have never been very technically savvy. I'm proud of myself to have figured out those things, though probably anyone who knows anything about these things either would have known to do that stuff, or figured out a way better and more sophisticated solution. It would probably work better on a faster machine, but it was installed by my predecessor in this job and I can't seem to find any disc or download option that would allow me to install it somewhere else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...