Monday, October 12, 2009

Masquerade

The Hold Thy Peace masquerade ball occurred Saturday night after all the extensive planning, and I have to say, what a fantastic idea it was and what a lovely evening it made. We had the Castle Commons with a neat light show and sound equipment set up, and lots of friends in formalwear and masks showed up for dancing and a good time. I organized the food, and though most of it was consumed in the first two hours, I think people were pleased. I wore my backless Fidd dress (as I have been calling it ever since Nexus) and had blendedchaitea* paint a neat design of vines and flowers on my back. She is very talented and it came out lovely-- so very grateful for the help! I originally wanted morethings5* to do it, but we had a communications breakdown and never got it together. Ah, well, maybe some other time, dear. I looked very lovely, danced the night away with Jared, and had him take a picture of myself in costume-- from the back, of course. :-) It may show up as a profile picture. Or, heck, a LiveJournal icon. Have to give credit to linearequation and Steph; what an excellent idea it was, and we made nearly two hundred dollars for the club in ticket sales.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...