Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day two of tech

Day two of build in Shapiro Theater has come and gone. After a quick lunch with Jared at two o'clock yesterday I went over to the theater to see if there was anything to be done, and screwed a few things together and helped a little to figure out how to make the stairs. Honestly it feels like we're about a day behind, and I just can't stay till four in the morning now, but we've got basically all the pieces constructed. When I left they needed painting, and the staircase had to be finished and put together. I'm planning on going in early because I can't stay late at around three o'clock this afternoon to see if I can't contribute more then.

I look rough. I've not been sleeping well, as is typical of tech week, and the work has really taken a toll on my skin. My hands feel like sandpaper, and with all the concentration on build and using the tools right I've taken to biting my lip, leaving it dry and torn up. The weather right now isn't helping with this. I think when I get home I'm going to take an extremely hot shower and put myself back together a little, not to mention find a nice soothing gallon of lip balm. Maybe that'll help me get back to feeling, and looking, normal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...