Friday, October 23, 2009

R+J opening

At last, after probably the most difficult and problematic build I have ever been involved with, we finished with the Romeo and Juliet set, and have had our opening night. I am absolutely exhausted-- I was there almsot twelve hours a day the last three days. But the show went off well, and I was pleased and proud of everyone; our audience even included bronzite, which made me happy. My parents and Jared's are coming tonight, so let's hope we do even better. I'm particularly proud of Xavier, our Romeo, who like Jared who came before him went out for a show having never acted before in his freshman year, got the lead, and carried a show his first time out. Also, Jonathan Plesser gets better with every show-- it's really got me interested in him as an actor. This cast actually did something impressive in that that even with as little rehearsal time as we had, they were ready at the start of tech week and even adapted to playing on the set almost immediately. I plan on spending some time with my mom and dad this afternoon, having an early dinner, and then finding my way over to the theater by call time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...