Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Just need to bitch

One of my responsibilities at work is to generate transcripts of videos and then add those transcriptions as subtitles into the video. The program I'm using to add the subtitles is called Inqscribe, and it is driving me crazy. In theory it's an excellent concept; it lets you slow down playback and gives you a way to bind pieces of text to specific timecodes. But the pause function, essential to this kind of work, often either takes several seconds to kick in or just freezes the whole goddamn thing, especially if I minimize the program and work in a different application for more than a minute at a time. My work machine is several years old, so perhaps the program itself is not to blame, but I can't fathom what's so complicated about it that it requires sophisticated hardware in order to perform BASIC FUNCTIONS LIKE PAUSE. I've got twenty-five videos to subtitle before the end of the month, and I've finished I think nine of them, but I dislike fighting with this program so much it makes me want to avoid them altogether. Not an option, of course, but I'm frustrated about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...