Friday, October 16, 2009

Date night

One thing that Jared and I have decided on recently if that since our schedules have been so heavy and stressful lately, and he's been so overloaded with his thesis and his typically demanding schoolwork, we are going to make sure that we have one night a week where we put other things aside and just be together. So far this has proven to be a very good idea, resulting in a few weeks thus far of pleasant, intimate evenings that contrast nicely with the high-pressure days of the rest of the week. Tonight's date night will be a low-key evening at home, because I have been itching to cook something as well as go back and get something else from the new little butcher shop.

All that remains is for me to decide what to make. Seeing as it's Friday and a fish day, perhaps seafood is in order-- I did think that shop had a lovely selection of it. Jared tends to like more dressed up kinds of fish as opposed to cleaner simpler preparations. I know a few of those, though I've made all of them fairly recently. Perhaps I should look up something new. I'd like to plan ahead of time when I cook, but I've learned recently that one should go to the fishmonger and select what looks best that day rather than go in looking for something. I should probably consult Jared to see what he's in the mood for, but honestly I've found my best dinners were ones where I worried more about putting together delicious dishes and well-balanced plates than about the caprice of my diners. ;-) Even one as picky as Jared.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...