Friday, October 2, 2009

Rain boots

The sudden steep temperature drops that have been tormenting me the last couple of days forces me to face the fact that autumn is swiftly coming upon us. Today for the first time this season I wore stockings under my jeans, which is a good way to keep warm but makes me feel like a middle-aged woman. I tried to make up for it by dressing extra-stylish today-- suede boots, cream-colored bateau neck, brown knit scarf, and newly-recovered front-facing hoop earrings --but mostly it just made me annoyed about how the jacket that would have matched the boots is still at the drycleaner's and how I really need a brown belt.

As always with the change of the seasons, particularly from warmer to colder, my parents start getting after me to make sure my wardrobe is weather-appropriate. They know me and my tendency to, um, not dress for the weather, shall we say, so they've nagging me to make sure I have all the appropriate warm and waterproof clothing. I kind of want to try wearing corduroys this winter, as Jared tells me they're a lot warmer than jeans, but the only other thing I really feel like I need is rain boots. I guess I have a pair, but they're basically hiking boots and they don't protect the cuffs of my pants, and Christ, do I hate coming home with wet cuffs. So I think a knee-high pair is in order.

Unfortunately, I very much do not like the typical design of waterproof boots these days. Is it so much to ask for a pair that doesn't look like a fireman or a fucking Eskimo should be wearing it? Put a Burberry check or a D&G logo on a clunky chunky ugly Wellington and it's still a clunky chunky ugly Wellington, just with a higher price tag. Aren't there any stylish, sleek, that just happen to be made out of rubber? Or, even better, waterproof leather?

Guess it's off to combing the interwebs for me. On the bright side, judging from the websites, thigh-high boots are in this season! Score!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...