Thursday, April 19, 2012

On the eve of Larpocalypse


Last day before Festival of the Larps 2012: Larpocalypse! I am mostly ready to go, just have a few more things to get in order before tomorrow. One or two more things to assemble for The Stand, costume pieces to lay out, crash space to make up for our larper guests. I am ridiculously excited. I think both of my characters are going to be fantastic to play, and both of our games are going to be fantastic to run. This is the biggest Festival in its history, with over a hundred and fifty people signed up, a decent number of whom were friends I invited over the last several years who are now either real parts of the larp community or well on their way to becoming so. I am so proud of our little con for how it's grown and how successful it's become. Big props to our fabulous chair [info]ninja_report* and her awesome staff including [info]natbudin*, [info]in_water_writ*, [info]twilighttremolo*, and [info]lightgamer*. Way to make it happen, guys.

Tonight is also when Jared and I are going to see Lenny's directing project, her HTP-sponsored production of Cymbeline. Sadly it's real performances are over Festival weekend, so instead of missing it we are going to the final dress rehearsal so we get to enjoy their work. It has some very talented actor friends in it who I am excited to see. They've had to deal with a lot of disadvantages, such as a terrible performance space, but they've worked really hard, and Lenny is an extremely talented director. So after I take care of as many last-minute pre-Festival errands as I can this afternoon, it will be off to an evening of theater just before I disappear into the roleplaying haze.

The Larpocalypse is nigh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...