Thursday, April 26, 2012

Costumes for Sherlock Holmes!


Yesterday I got to try on costumes at Sherlock Holmes rehearsal. I was so excited, guys. I am the leading lady in a Victorian show, one who is supposed to look very lovely, which puts me in the enviable position of getting to wear many fun Victorian-era gowns. I tried on several last night, made of drapery silk in red and gold and navy and green, including a gorgeous ivory wedding gown that was my favorite of the lot. At the moment they don't fit very well, but the costumer is a seamstress of some ability and is confident she'll be able to take them in such that they'll look nice. She also tried some things on my castmates, including a very slick gentleman outfit on our Moriarty. I am a sucker for men in Victorian suits, and I must say he wore it well. :-) The costumer also suggested that they will be curling my hair in ringlets, which I've never had before. I wonder how I'll look with them! I've kind of always wished I had wavier hair, so I hope they take. A week from today we'll be taking publicity photos, and I don't know if they'll be in costume or not, but in any case I hope they turn out. I'm always very insecure about how I look in photos. This show spends a lot of time talking about how beautiful Irene is, and I've been joking quite a bit about how I hope the audience agrees. A decent photo or two might help, right? ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...