Monday, April 16, 2012

Interview for theater company professional apprenticeship program

Today I have an interview for something called a Professional Apprenticeship Program at a Boston theater group called Company One. It's a supposed to be for learning about the workings of and gaining contacts in the professional theater world, and I applied in playwrighting and directing. I sent them a sample of my work and today they want to talk to me.

I'm not sure it's going to work out even if I do get picked. It says in the information that it's nine weeks long and entails about twenty-five hours of work a week. That is... daunting, to say the least, with the schedule I currently have. Right now my job is already twenty-five hours a week, set up that way so I have enough time to do my schoolwork. Sometimes as it is I have a hard time getting everything done. And even if I could manage that much extra work on top of everything else, I'd be afraid the stress would kill me. I have no idea how heavy the workload for this program would really be, or where I'd have to be in order to do it, so maybe it wouldn't be as intense as I imagine. But there would certainly be a chance that I wouldn't have time for anything else, including seeing loved ones. Nine weeks of that might be unbearable. Especially since I have no clue how helpful it might actually be to my progress towards getting to put on plays.

So I'm pretty pessimistic about the thought of this working out. I need to do something to move my career forward, but I'm not sure this is going work. Still, I'll go and see what's what. Got to at least try things, because you never know.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...