Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A leaf at the mercy of winds greater than me

Grumble, grumble. It's looking likely that my hours at work are going to be moved back. Currently I get in at eight in the morning and leave at one, which has been convenient to my early-bird tendencies. By one o'clock I'm usually so hungry I can't think straight anyway, so it makes for a good stopping point. I also like having the entirety of the afternoon left open for homework, because the later in the day it gets, the harder it becomes for me to get any mental work done. But now I'm going to be working from 9AM to 2PM, which if given a choice I would not want to change to.

*Sigh* It's just one hour, so I guess it's not that big a deal. But I don't get a lunch break because I'm there for such a short period, so I'm either going to have to start bringing lunch in with me or else wait another hour, which with the way my metabolism seems to work would be very unpleasant. It will probably take me a while to really get into the habit of planning ahead for that, because I haven't had to so far.

Maybe I can take advantage of this. Maybe I'll keep getting up at seven like I have been and just use that extra time to get a daily workout in. In the past I've been best able to stick to a frequent workout routine when I got up early and did it before work. So I guess I could make this work for me. Still, it disrupts my current routine. Of course nobody consulted me, but this is my job, it's not supposed to be set up for my conveniences. I am a leaf at the mercy of winds greater than me. I should just be grateful I have a job that lets me work the part-time I need to be conducive to my academic responsibilities but still manages to be decent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...