Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New game bid!


So I did it! I went ahead and bid my short funny larp idea for SLAW. I have taken [info]laurion*'s suggestion and called it Break a Leg, as I like how it connotes both theater and disaster at once. Sorry, [info]oakenguy* and [info]morethings5*, for not going with Slaybill, which was also an excellent suggestion. :-) I think this game will be engaging and light, fun and funny, so I am excited to write and run it. I decided there will be eight core players (with one ninth that will be completely capable of being excised from the game) in one small to medium-sized room. The environment will be highly interactive and exploring the "set" will contribute to the plot. I also want to facilitate people performing scenes, since the characters will be actors, after all, which I am interested in writing original script fragments to facilitate. I have a lot of ideas that I'm excited to work out.

Since SLAW is so far away in November, I think I will have to plan an earlier, non-convention run. As a beta, perhaps. I am sure I can get a two-hour eight-character game written in fairly short order. Schoolwork has to come first-- I may be breaking my no-larp-writing rule, but I can't blow off the reasoning behind it-- but I'm used to writing four-hour twenty- or twenty-five-person games. This game should be a snap by comparison. When I figure out when and where that would be, I'll let everyone know so I can gather who's interested. Maybe I'll even do more than one pre-SLAW run. It's short, it's small, so why not? I've been wanting for ages to have a light, quick, funny game I can bust out at a moment's notice, and this just might fit the bill. Hooray!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...