Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Call for games for SLAW 2012

The lovely Sarah Judd is getting an early start on planning for SFS Live Action Weekend, a Festival-like weekend of larps at WPI that will happen November 9th through 11th this year. She's put out a call for games to get things going, so if you are interested, send her an e-mail containing this information:

1. Name of game
2. Short Description
3. Min/max gender player breakdown
4. Kind of room/rooms you'd like (Salisbury Labs is reserved for the weekend)
5. If your game can take last-minute casts and add-ins.

She has expressed a preference for newbie-friendly games, as there seem to be a nice group of new larpers at WPI now. I haven't decided what I'm bidding yet, but I am certain that I will bid something. Most of my games have been run into the ground at this point. Though it occurs to me that Paranoia is popular at WPI, and there might be enough people still interested in playing to fill a fourth run. I didn't think to bring it up last night with my co-GMs when we were casting the game, but it's something worth considering.

I may even take this opportunity to break my no-new-larps rule for real. I've been pondering my idea based on Merely Players-- a humorous two-hour larp, maybe fit for a Sunday morning, where just before the actors must go on stage, their leading lady's body is discovered lying dead backstage. Figuring out who did it, and how to deal with it so the show can go on, will reveal the troupe's humorous dysfunction. I think I will go ahead and bid it once I give it a name. Don't want to go with Merely Players, as that's not quite the point in this one. "The Show Must Go On" is an obvious choice, but it's a bit long and unwieldy. "Walking Shadows," maybe? Hmm. Suggestions welcome. Hopefully it will be funny and fun, and not too burdensome to write. *crosses fingers*

Anyway, bid something for SLAW!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...