Monday, April 2, 2012

Last Pride & Prejudice, first Holmes, and Jesriah casting!


Really good time this weekend. Friday night I went to see Pride and Prejudice again, this time with [info]nennivian* and [info]polaris_xx*, meeting up with [info]electric_d_monk* and [info]captainecchi* for dinner beforehand. Having learned my lesson, we arrived earlier and went to a lower-key restaurant. Their lovely company made for a very nice time, MUCH less rushed and chaotic than the previous Saturday, and we sat up close in the very front row. I enjoyed the different perspective this time; it made me notice things I hadn't been able to before. I found I liked the acting even better for the nuances I could see, and the costumes a bit less for some sloppy or unfinished details, though by and large I still thought it was good, particularly on the men. I am so proud of everyone involved for putting on such a good, enjoyable show, and managing to pack the Somerville Theater to the gills every single night.

Sunday was my first real Sherlock Holmes rehearsal. I think it went well, though I am still kind of nervous. Everyone in the show is very talented, and also quite a bit older than me. Maybe because it's been so long since I've been cast in anything, but I find myself especially anxious to prove I deserve to be there. Though both last night and the night of the read through I warmed up decently as the night went on, my acting has been having slow, stiff starts at the beginning. I worry that somebody thought, oh, they picked her because she's young and pretty rather than because she's talented. I'm sure somebody thought that at the read through, at least in the first half. So I'm feeling especially anxious to acquit myself well. So far I like all the other actors-- as I said, they are all talented --and think they'll be a great experience to work with.

Finally, last night I got my casting for Jesriah at Festival! I cannot tell you how excited I am for that game. I love playing madness and mental anguish, so I'm delighted to play a game set in a fantasy-Victorian insane asylum. Also lovely, my costuming hint suggests I may actually get to use one of those many thrift store evening gowns whose purchase I justified by telling myself they'd make great costumes someday. I am about as delighted about that as I am about anything else! I am supposed to look like a faded starlet from the '40s, so that means, I think, glitzy and slinky. I definitely have a few options that would suit-- I have two sparkly cocktail dresses, one in black and one in blue. I also have a red wiggle dress that I found abandoned in the green room that just happened to be exactly in my size, though the fabric is matte rather than shiny. I should probably also get a cigarette holder to gesture vaguely with as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...