Monday, December 13, 2010

Want games, want games, want games...

My schedule for the upcoming week is very light. I am seriously considering keeping it that way at all costs; I have and will continue to have a lot of stuff to get done, and extended periods where I am allowed to just work without interruption means a greater likelihood of actually accomplishing something.

Getting a wee bit nervous about how few Festival bids there have been. Even if everyone who told me they were going to bid does bid, that still gives us no more than forty-five player openings per timeslot. I was hoping to have more like sixty-five or seventy. Some people have told me that people are just procrastinators and I should expect a flood of bids right before the December 31st deadline, but I'm not certain. So please, if you were thinking about bidding something, or know someone thinking about bidding something, I ask that you give it a go. The earlier we can get a schedule going, the better prepared we can be.

Today I made the signups for the "pinch-hitter" lists. If you recall, the idea is to have lists where people sign up to hang out near the gamespace for an hour or so at the beginning of each slot to indicate that they are willing to jump into a game at the last minute in the event of a player drop, so a GM knows where they can find them if necessary. The idea is that you will be able to be on a waitlist simultaneously with being on the pinch-hitter list, but once you get into a game you must be removed. Also, it should be noted that this is not an expectation that you will play ANY game that has an opening, just that you are available nearby to the GMs and are potentially interested in jumping in. It has been speculated upon that this may lead to an increase in player drops if they know that someone will be there to pick up their slack, but I have concluded that it is better to have four drops that we know can be filled so that the games are not compromised than one or two that don't get filled and end up hurting the larps. And hey, if this turns out to be a terrible idea, well, this is a grand experiment, and in that case I take full responsibility and we'll never do it again. But who knows-- might just be crazy enough to work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...