Thursday, December 2, 2010

Red leather and chains, oh my! ;-)

When I was home for Thanksgiving last week, my mom gave me one of her jackets that doesn't fit her anymore. It is waist-length in a gorgeous red leather that is soft as butter. It's just a little too big, but that just means I'll be able to wear layers under it for warmth. I really love it, so expect to see me wearing it a lot this winter, since even staying indoors lately I still seem to need a coat.



Nice, huh? I like it a lot. 

Last night I was struck with an idea for my Leash costume. I am definitely going with the leggings and tall boots, but I was stuck on what to wear on top beyond I knew I wanted an outer layer to represent my main personality and an inner layer for my alternate one. I think the outer layer needs to be a big, fuzzy, good-girl-looking sweater, particularly one I can get on and off easily for when I switch. The inner layer... well, I don't want to ruin the surprise reveal, but suffice it to say I have an idea that involves repurposing the chains on my bondage pants. ;-) I think they're detachable, right? I didn't get a chance to experiment with it last night, so today I'll have to do some messing around to see if my idea is even vaguely feasible.

Yesterday when I was at the drugstore I saw they were selling a lot of Sylvania kitchen appliances on massive discount. Among them was a three-cup mini food processor for thirteen dollars, reduced to ten if you mailed in a rebate. I have been tempted by mini-processors before, since they are less expensive than the full-sized kind and more convenient for certain jobs, but always passed on them thinking I should just save my money for the real thing. Still, this one was so cheap, I figured why not try it. I'm a little afraid I will totally get what I paid for, in which case it wouldn't even be worth it, but who knows, it might be serviceable. Of course, the minute I mentioned all this to my mom on the phone this morning, she asked if I wanted a real food processor for Christmas. So now I feel a bit silly. Ah, well. It might be nice to have a full-sized one and a miniature one depending on the cooking job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...