Friday, December 3, 2010

Side project, go!

So HTP seems like it's interested in doing another side project show, and I have been asked to write the script. What I was thinking was a sort of cabaret-style Shakespeare revue presented as if by a small Shakespeare troupe who seems to be on the decline but becomes revitalized when a bright new talent auditions and helps them shake off their gloomy past. Inspired a lot by the structure of the Wrathskeller, the storyline would frame the performance of a number of Shakespeare scenes that would support the metaplot. The basic story is set, so now I have to figure out how to illustrate what I want through the Shakespeare scenes and the dialogue in between them. I had a great planning session with Steph and Bernie last night, which nailed down the cast of characters and figured out some possible scenes. It still needs a name, though-- I'd like to name it after the "troupe" in the story, but I don't know what to call that troupe. Something that is a Shakespearean reference, preferably. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to offer them here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...