Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Steamthello!

Hold Thy Peace officially has a show for spring semester! We will be performing The Tragedy of OTHELLO, the Moor of Venice, directed by the lovely aurora_knight* and meamcat*! They are going to doing it in a steampunk setting with everyone having clockwork enhancements except for the Moor, whose Otherness will be represented by his plain, boring, fallible humanity in contrast to their technologically-altered superiority. I think this will be an excellent, exciting, and visually stunning production and I'm very happy they're getting to do it.

The side project also got through! Merely Players, as marigumi* and nennivian* suggested we call it, will also be going up next semester. This metatheatrical and melodramatic little piece commenting on the nature of putting on a show with a troupe will be coordinating with Othello to exist side by side and expand HTP's repetoire a bit further. I was very pleased to see how many people were interested in it. Should give me some options on creative casting. Now I just have to finish the damn thing, don't I?

Tonight, then, shall be for writing. I have nothing else on my agenda, so I believe I will staying in, working on scripts, character sheets, and various and sundry writing projects that currently are on my plate. I shall have to make myself a nice dinner, get comfy, and settle in to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...