Friday, December 24, 2010

Ten Day Meme: Day Two

Day Two: Nine things about yourself.

1. On every desk I've had since sophomore year, I have had a notepaper with the words "We were born to suffer. Remember that," on prominent display. Believe it or not, it comforts me.

2. I have a horrified fascination with pregnancy and childbirth gone wrong. I can think of few things more terrible or creepier. Though I am not as violently freaked out by it as I often play at being, I am especially haunted by the idea of lithopedions.

3. I think Julie Christie is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I wish she hadn't been young in the sixties with the terrible styling, but I think she's perfect. I especially love this picture of her. Possibly because here she looks very much like my mother did when she was young.

4. My favorite poem is The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe, because it does everything right-- beautiful, musical, tells a great story, affecting, and technically perfect. A masterpiece on all levels.

5. You name a written medium, I have at the very least had an idea for a project in that medium. If I had the time and the discipline, I could write novels, plays, short stories, poems, TV shows, movies, comics, essays, columns, and everything else.

6. I would love to be famous, God help me. Of course, I still want my life totally private and not be ever bothered in person, so I'm sure that would work out great.

7. If I get married, I plan to take my husband's last name. I like the idea of everyone in a family having the same name. I would be equally satisfied if my husband took my name. The only way we'd end up with different names is if he wasn't willing to take mine and I absolutely hated his.

8. I take an enormous amount of comfort in the familiar. If I'm stressed or weary, I find myself wanting to watch TV I've seen a million times, read stuff I've read a million times, and order the same meal I always order. It's like I'm afraid I won't have the wherewithal to absorb or appreciate something new.

9. It happens with shocking frequency that I do the right thing in a situation because of how ashamed I would be if anyone knew I did the wrong thing. My fear of that may not be totally healthy or in proportion, but at least it manifests constructively.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...