Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Festival nerves

I was a bad thing Monday night, barely getting any writing done at all in favor of distractions, eating, and screwing around. I did do a couple of unrelated productive things at least, including washing and putting away all the clothes I own, assembling a few appropriate outfits for future events, and getting an actual hard workout in. Those were things that definitely needed to get done, but I was pissed at how shot my focus was. Tuesday was also a free night, and I made every effort to kick my lazy ass into gear. Now both my Resonance characters for this coming Monday's meeting are finished. That's a good chunk. I also even did some work on Merely Players and The Stand, though nothing concrete.

Still in a low-level state of neurosis regarding Festival games. I am considering my options about what to do if things actually do get desperate. (They're not yet, for the record, I'm just paranoid.) I am starting to send nudging e-mails to people I trust asking if they'd consider running something, even if it's someone else's game or something they've run before. Though my preference has been for new games, I am more than happy to consider older ones at this point. Maybe not ones that have had TEN MILLION runs (not Mary Celeste, maybe not Marin County) but I am not opposed to games with three or four goes under their belt.

One thing I am not eager to do, though it is a possibility, is run another thing myself. I am already running The Stand and Resonance and that feels like quite enough. I had planned on giving Oz a break for a year or so, but it's only fifteen players, which is the right size for what I need, so it would probably serve. Thing is, I had things I wanted to play that I wouldn't be able to in that case. I guess I could run it on Sunday, which isn't totally fitting since it's not an excessively light game, but that wouldn't be the end of the world. Or maybe I could let someone else run it. I still feel a bit weird about that idea. I do believe my ultimate goal is to become a well-liked-enough larp writer that my larps appeal to people in places I can't get to-- I like the idea of my larps being published works --but I'm still nervous about whether or not I could teach someone to run it right. Also, I would be kind of sad missing what happens in a run of my game. I may talk to Jared just to see what he thinks. Not settled yet, but we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...