Wednesday, December 29, 2010

In a cowboy and larping mood-- thank God for The Stand!

Finally I think I have a schedule assembled for Festival. I did my best to accomodate the GM's needs and requests, in thanks for their willingness to run games. I am waiting until January 1st to post it like I said I would, but I am really excited. It's got some fantastic games on it, the majority of which are no older than second run, so there should be plenty of appealing options for larpers of every experience. Based on the advice of natbudin* and bronzite*, I think it will be up for a week to ten days before game signups go live. That will give people time to look at the games and make a plan, but still get people in the larps early enough to submit casting questionnaires and receive characters with enough time in advance. I have been encouraging people to sign up now, to see if I can get an idea of how many people are going to attend and see if my estimates were correct. When the schedule is up, expect another slew of e-mails calling you to look. :-)

Heh. When the games actually are open, I am going to be able to do nothing but continually refresh Signup Spy and see who's going for what. Can't wait! :-D

Saw True Grit last night with some wonderful company and loved it. The acting was awesome, I enjoyed the plot, and I absolutely adored the Restoration-comedy-style dialogue. I am now going to endeavor to write the character sheets for The Stand in emulation of it. The movie gave me a lot of inspiration, as I hoped it would, so I am excited to get to writing. It's an excellent film, and I highly recommend you see it. I wonder who will catch what the influence was when they play the game...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...