Thursday, May 21, 2009

Workout, walks, and Oz

Found out recently from Zachariah that I have not been doing the Crossfit.com workout exactly right. I misunderstood the indication of how many sets of each exercise one is supposed to do. I am a bit grouchy to hear this; it makes me feel like I wasted that time. I guess it wasn't a complete waste, as I was at least getting SOME exercise, but if I'd done it right I'd be more than a week farther than I am right now. It turns out that the correct way is pretty damn hard, and takes a fair bit more time than I'd hoped it would.

After my workout this morning I walked into town to get Jared's watch repaired. The pin holding the face to the band had bent again, and he left it here instead of taking it home, so I got it fixed for him. The jeweler who did the work was adorably Jewish older man who complimented me on my anniversary necklace and suggested it might appear more advantageously on a shorter chain. I've actually thought about that myself, as the current one tends to make the pendant fall just inside the neckline of a lower-cut shirt, but I kind of don't want to part with the original, which is not only delicate and lovely but was part of the gift from Jared. I enjoyed the walk in town very much overall.

I've been doing work on editing Oz, and I'm pleased with some of the changes I've made. There's a good bit left to do, but I'd like to be able to get a second run happening this summer when Jared comes to visit. For those of you interested in playing who did not get to during Festival, information will be forthcoming. The only thing I'm not sure about is how to go about is finding a space for it. I don't suppose it's possible to engage Brandeis space during the summer, is it? What do people normally do when they run larps during the summer months? Any suggestions would be very welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...