Saturday, May 2, 2009

Exhausted already

As fun as this weekend has been so far, I am already exhausted. I know it may have seemed silly for me to have done so much crowing at how I organized things to get off, but please excuse me because I don't know if it's clear just how hard it was and how much work it took to make sure things happened. I had to make sure all parties involved, many of whom had very disparate needs, got taken care of. A lot of responsibility, most of it unasked for, fell to me, and not only did everything go off, it went off smoothly, on time, and none of my schoolwork got neglected in the process. I cleaned, I scheduled, I shopped, I led the cooking, I balanced the gamers and the non-gamers, I provided the game space, I secured the crash space, I attended to the guest, I organized people's activities, and I took care of all the little needs and issues that arose. I'm incredibly proud of my organizing and hosting abilities, and I'm enjoying the end results, but all that work combined with the focus needed for the game and the homework I have to get done, everything has left me exhausted. I kind of want to curl up and go to bed already. But I'm not done for the day quite yet, and I have one more day tomorrow to make sure works okay. Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...