Friday, May 8, 2009

Lovely spare bed

Little ordinary things give me a great deal of pleasure sometimes, especially those having to do with the comfort of the home. This afternoon when my parents came to see me they dropped off the bedding I used when I lived in the dorms and had a twin bed. It consists of dark blue sheets, very smooth and soft, and a blue-themed patchwork quilt. I remade the spare bed we have in our basement with these, then I put a heavy coverlet made of this denim-like material over everything. I folded the final spare dark blue blanket longways and laid it across the edge of the bed that touches the wall. The bed is perfectly comfortable to sleep in should we have a guest, and the denim is protective and durable enough that people can sit on it like it's a couch without damaging or messing it. The whole affair is so much more useable and comfortable now, not to mention far and away nicer-looking. Now I feel a lot better about offering it to our guests. I am incredibly pleased with myself for remembering my old dorm stuff, and for arranging things so well.

I know, it's a silly little thing to be so proud of how one has made a bed. But sometimes, my domesticity makes me happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...