Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Audition for Macbeth

Today I auditioned for a production of Macbeth held at the Boston Playwright's Theater at BU. I read a piece of the Fool from King Lear, the prophecy after the storm, and they called me back to read a side for Malcolm, and asked if I'd be willing to cut my hair. I... think it went well.

I'm not sure this was a good idea. If this is a paying gig-- and I probably should have asked if it was, but I couldn't figure out how to phrase it that wouldn't sound weird --then I guess it's not the worst job to have until I find something actually worthwhile in my field. And I could do something part-time in addition if it doesn't pay much, which I'm pretty certain would be the case. If it's not, it's would probably just interfere with any actual job I could get, which would not be a good idea. Hell, it might do that even if it does pay. So I'm not certain that this is the right thing for me to do. I just thought I'd go out anyway. I probably won't get in anyway and it won't be an issue. I don't know.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get into the Hold Thy Peace storeroom and clean it up. I bought a bunch of storage bags, and I'd like to go through what's there, organize it, pack it up, and make lists of which bag contains what. I think that would make dealing with it a heck of a lot easier. Jared said he'd help me, and I think Emma will as well. I'm not certain that the ICC, where the key is accessed, is still open during senior week, but I've wanted to do this for years, and I think it might be a nice parting gift that I could make to Hold Thy Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...