Friday, January 9, 2009

Redgoth hair stylist


So I tried the new hairdresser and I am very pleased. I got this girl named Kristen who was a lot of fun. I liked the look of her 'cause she was just a little bit punked out, and she was wearing the most awesome red goth boots. I said to her, "Nice goth boots, where'd you manage to find red ones?" She was delighted by the compliment, told me about this place in New Hope, and then said, "Oh, my God, you're a weekend goth, aren't you?" I laughed and said yes, and she was like, "Me too!" Although to be honest she wasn't really all that weekend, she had lots of piercings, spiked red-streaked hair, and of course the boots. And she asked me what kind I was, then said, "No, wait, don't tell me-- you're a lily, aren't you?" I'd never heard that term before. She said lily goths are the pale, delicate ones who dress more on the pretty side and show a lot of skin. And I was like, "Oh, you mean gloomcookie," which, yeah, that's totally me. She, interestingly, is a red goth-- she dresses in the punk goth style, but everything's always in red, including her hair, eyeliner, everything. She showed me a picture of her and her heavily tattooed boyfriend in her getup. I'd never actually seen a red goth before; I liked it. We got into a fun conversation about different kinds of goths and the various combinations thereof. I'm a pretty/perkygoth, while she's a perky/punky/redgoth.

And on top of it all, she did a great job with my hair. She touched up the layers and styled it really nicely. I'm very pleased, and I love finding fun people in unexpected places.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...