Friday, January 16, 2009

Intercon hotel rooms

Chilling with Jared in the library again today. We're trying to figure out a final class for him to take. It looks like, if he doesn't get into this one he really likes, he'll be in the same comparative literature class as me. We've never had a real class together before-- fencing doesn't count --so maybe we'll be able to help each other.

In Intercon news, I have made the hotel reservation for our little Brandeis contingent of con-goers, which consists of myself, jh1230*, zapf*, witticaster*, lightgamer*, and phoenix_rinna*. I have stepped up into the position of this year's Fearless Leader, so the reservations were made in my name and the bill put on my credit card. For you guys, the hotel told me that they will cost $127 each plus a 9% tax. I have not yet received the receipt, so I don't have the exact total in front of me, but I made an estimate. Here my math, which I have demonstrated so you can check:

[$127 + ($127 x .09)] per room / 3 people =
($127 + $11.43) / 3 =
$138.43 / 3 = $46.15 per person

Think that's correct. We'll have to wait for the actual receipt to be sure, but that's about what it'll be. If any other Intercon goers still need hotel space and would be interested in sharing, talk to me. We have room for about one other person in each room, and it'll mean splitting the costs among more people, and I will talk to the others about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...