Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lying liar who lies


I just saw somebody fool a polygraph lie detector test on TV, and it occurs to me how miserably I would do on such a thing. Now, don't mistake my meaning-- I can be a fantastic liar when I want to be. I'm very good at covering those little inconsistencies that can give you away, in that way I am a tactical genius ninja superspy badass. My work in TMA showcased this particular talent of mine. I can also play it totally cool so you'd never know to look at me that I was lying; I'm an okay actor as well. Lying, after all, is basically acting. The reason I'd be screwed over by a polygraph test is that, internally, I'm a mess from the nervous stress of telling untruths. My heart pounds, my stomach tightens from the guilt of telling a lie-- that kind of physical reaction would give me away I'm good at concealing that kind of feeling, but only because that's the sort of stuff you can't see.

How interesting. I'm both a good liar as well as a fundamentally honest person. No wonder I get so twisted up inside. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...