Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Randomness of this focus-elusive week

Have been very busy and yet annoyingly unable to focus very well for the past several days. I've still got a lot of work to do in preparation for Festival. Printing and packing hasn't gone nearly as quickly as I'd hoped it would, so I'm a bit behind on my self-imposed scheduel. I've read most of the materials for LXHS, but not everything, so I'll have to get on that.

After polling and gathering opinions, I've decided to go with Larpercalia for next year's Festival nickname. It amuses me and we can always put an explanation on the website. After all, "Festival" is the most important name and the one that people mostly use when talking about it and advertising it; the nickname's just for fun anyway.

This past weekend I held the cast party for To Think of Nothing. I ended up cooking basically a full dinner for it, which turned out to be a good choice as everyone in attendance was pleased and impressed by it. With my three lovely helpers (so nice to have helpers!) nennivian*, katiescarlett29*, and crearespero*, we put together guacamole, chicken braised with cider and apples, garlic bread bruscetta, and the complicated wild rice dish. The extra hands made it easy, and the company was very much appreciated.

I have started reading Penny Arcade. I don't always find it funny, but they do a lot of really sharp commentary and certain strips are hilarious. I decided to check it out on a whim the other day because so many people I know read it. Right now the only web comics I follow are Something Positive (have since high school), Penny and Aggie, Girls With Slingshots, and of course Order of the Stick. I'm not sure if I enjoy PA enough to put in my regular rotation, but I'm glad to have finally absorbed it.

Tonight I am performing in Kindness's post-bac art show. I will have to get in contact with him to find out when he wants me to come over and make sure we're set with our plan. If you're available from 5-7PM, come to the Dreitzer Gallery in Spingold to see the work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...