Thursday, April 8, 2010

Brain blah, and mystery solved

God, I cannot focus today. Had a ton of work waiting for me upon getting back from my trip home, and though I'm making myself get through it, the brain, she is not there. I am especially annoyed that in my absent state I forgot the tasty leftovers I was intending to have for lunch today on my desk at home, wrapped in their convenient travel-ready package. :-P Bernie and I made steaks for dinner last night using the Alton Brown method, which is unorthodox but quite good.

In regards to my musing about the problem of so many unfilled games at Festival-- in case you haven't seen it already, bronzite* pointed out that this year's Festival has more quite a few more slots for players than the previous year's did. And while we managed to fill more than we did last year, there are just TOO MANY extra slots even for the increased number of players. Some numbers crunched by natbudin* also indicate that while we are growing at least a bit every year, but have mostly leveled off. And the number of people who played the previous year but didn't this year lends some likelihood to the idea that there are no new games for them to play. I'm so lucky to have friends who are smarter than me and think to look at the metrics that matter. :-) Though to be honest I was inclined to look at those player counts myself, I just felt too guilty to spend the time on it when I had real work I was supposed to be doing. Anyway, this is good data to have for planning next year. Maybe shoot for a target number of slots somewhere a little higher than last year to account for a small amount of growth, but not quite so high as this year so as to be able to fill games.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...