Saturday, April 3, 2010

Finally working out again

Today for the first time in way too long I worked out. I was inclined to for several reasons; one, this is the first day in a very long time I was pressed for time by nothing, and two, my chronically stiff knees were tight and sore in a way that meant I needed to stretch them. I was out of shape but not as out as I feared. I am fairly fortunate in that I stay in decent condition even when I'm out of practice. The final straw, however, was that a trip to the old bathroom scale confirmed my worry that I am, in fact, gaining weight. Not much, but enough to make the fit of my second-skin-by-design pants a bit uncomfortable. And this is certainly due to my increased amount of time spent sitting on my ass that I tend to do when stressed out and the weather is cold. I despise working out, honestly, but it's the only way to maintain the whip-thin figure I seek to possess, and of course there's obvious health benefits. So I must work this back into my daily routine the way I used to.

In a bit my parents and I will be going to this fantastic farmer's market they discovered in the last year. I love this place so much; it's full of all kinds of culinary delights and the ingredients to make them, all contained in a building about the size of football field. I wonder if there's one like it close to me in Boston. The produce is fantastic, there's any kind of butchered meat you could desire, and so many artisanal creations like cheese, bread, cakes, candy, and so much else. It warms my little budding cook's heart. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...