Thursday, April 15, 2010

My All-Clad is nicer

Watching Good Eats today, my favorite cooking show, I noted to my amusement that Alton Brown uses the cheap All-Clad.

Okay, there is no such thing as "cheap All-Clad," gorgeous high-end stainless steel cookware, whether referring to quality or to price. But most of what he uses on his show is from the brushed patina line, which is less expensive to buy than the polished steel variety, which in turn is cheaper than the stainless with the copper core. I'd be willing to bet it works just as well, and probably is easier to keep looking new than the easy-to-discolor polished alternatives. As an owner of the polished steel, I can attest to the pain that it is to scrub the hell out of the stuff with Barkeeper's Friend.

But it amuses me to think that my All-Clad is nicer than my cooking hero's. I'm such a snob. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...