Monday, August 1, 2011

Back to sewing machine and lovely friends

Got back this morning from my trip home to visit my parents. It was a lovely visit, full of fun activities and lots of tasty food. I now have my long-awaited sewing machine up with me too! My mom gave me a crash course in how to use it, then we packed it up in an old hard-shelled suitcase and I checked it on my flight in. Hope it survived the baggage hold . I would love to spend some quality time with it right away after waiting so long, and i have several projects cut up and ready to be assembled that I'm excited to tackle.

Unfortunately, this is the week leading up to my first deadline for school. Therefore my first priority will be finishing up all my assignments. I've made good progress, and I've at least started pretty every piece of it, but to get things done I will need to buckle down. I must finish my craft essays, my reflection on the month's work, I need to dramatize a conversation I overheard, and I want to polish up that last scene I wrote according to the prompt.

Also happening this week is the crew of Albion, the house that will be full of HTPers just a block or two away from me, is moving in this week. That means I will have Steph, Plesser, April, Lenny, and Jenna just a short walk away to see whenever I want. As soon as I get out of work I will be heading over that way to help out with the move in any way I can. Bernie and I went and picked up a beautiful maple bedroom set for Steph off of Craigslist a few weeks ago, and I look forward to seeing it set up in the new place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...