Friday, August 12, 2011

Staying positive


Gah, what an insanely busy week. My office has been packed with high-ranking executives from other branches of the company, so I had a lot of additional responsibilities relating to accommodating them. They were all very nice, and since a lot of it involved organizing breakfast and lunch it played to my skill set, but it meant I came in early and stayed late almost every day this week and was constantly running from one thing to the next to cram in all my work. On top of that, I've been trying to run errands and do homework for an upcoming due date through intermittent bouts of randomly getting sick. All of this has left me kind of stressed out and overwhelmed, which is threatening to make me withdrawn and down. So in an effort to combat that, I shall take a moment to focus on the good things that have happened lately.

- I am steadily learning how to use my sewing machine. Lise's tips have helped, and I've been getting in some good practice. Moreover, it's an activity I'm enjoying doing, and I'm looking forward to making more things.

- I am sticking to my resolution to eat better, and actually making myself exercise on a regular basis. I don't think it's taken off any weight yet, but that takes time and patience.

- My finances are unusually comfortable this month. I budgeted carefully, and getting a little overtime didn't hurt.

- Apparently I impressed some people at work enough that they asked if I might be interested in a full-time opportunity. I had to regretfully decline, as I really don't have time with my homework to do as well, but it was nice that somebody thought well of me.

- Preparation for Merely Players goes well. Steph has agreed to be producer for it, and she is excellent at getting all the details organized for putting on a show. We are moving forward nicely, and I am super-excited to cast and work on the show.

If I focus on the positive, then maybe I won't feel so overwhelmed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...