Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sins Meme: Day Two

Day One: Pride - Seven great things about yourself
Day Two: Envy - Seven things you lack and covet
Day Three: Wrath - Seven things that piss you off
Day Four: Sloth - Seven things you neglect to do
Day Five: Greed - Seven worldly material desires
Day Six: Gluttony - Seven guilty pleasures
Day Seven: Lust - Seven love secrets

I don't really do envy. It's pretty fabulous being me, so I am largely content with what I am and what I've got going. But for the sake of the meme, if I could have everything I wanted...

1. A singing voice. I have other talents that I am grateful for, so I don't think I'd trade them, but it would be neat to be able to sing.

2. Greater facility with math. I think if I were able to do math better a number of college classes would not have been such a miserable experience.

3. A full-time job in my field. I'm not quite so bothered by this since getting into grad school, but someday I do hope I can be some kind of working writer or editor. Heh, hopefully the Masters will help.

4. More empathy. I don't always relate to or understand other people's feelings-- I am judgy and sometimes detached --and I think I'd be a better person if I did.

5. Unlimited focus and time. I am definitely the kind of person who gets shit done, but I would have the most amazing varied body of work if I had the focus and time to complete every project I ever had an idea for.

6. People who have the skills and resources to make things. If I could do anything, I'd learn to build furniture, sew elaborate costumes, work metal into jewelry, lay tile, carve wood... I always want to make stuff, all the time.

7. Washboard abs. Maybe someday if I ever decide to have the discipline I could get them-- or if I ever have the cash for a trainer --but for now, they are the gilding that is missing from this lily. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...