Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Packing, and dinner parties once more

Working furiously on preparing The Stand. I worked pretty from the minute I got home from work yesterday to the minute I went to bed. Got a lot done, but of course my printer would choose THIS week to screw itself up, when I need to print about a million pieces of paper.

I have made up most of the written materials. The written bits for the map are, I think, the only bits that still need writing up. I designed the cards for the horse wrangling minigame. Everything still needs to be printed, except for the letter. Oh, my goodness, but this game has letters. Letters are going to be very, very important.

One thing I enjoy about The Stand is that I constructed it entirely out of western tropes and built upon them from there. I am hoping that I sufficiently spun them into something more interesting, but I wanted to utilize the stock characters of the genre as my basis and go from there. Genre studies interest me, so I thought it would be a fun experiment.

On a semi-related note, I miss having dinner parties. I've barely had any at all in the past month or so, and they've always been one of my favorite ways to socialize. This has been a direct result of needing all the time I had to make sure the game got written. I had one this past Friday just to blow off some steam, and though I made a bunch of rookie cooking mistakes due to having to rush from writing to dinner prep, it reminded me how lovely they are. After Intercon, I want to get back into the swing of them. I'm sure you've all missed them terribly. After all, my dinner parties are THE social events of the season, and anybody who's anybody loves to come to them. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...