Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sins Meme: Day Seven

Day One: Pride – Seven great things about yourself.
Day Two: Envy –Seven things you lack and covet
Day Three: Wrath - Seven things that piss you off
Day Four: Sloth - Seven things you neglect to do
Day Five: Greed - Seven worldly material desires
Day Six: Gluttony - Seven guilty pleasures
Day Seven: Lust - Seven love secrets

Finally finishing this. This last day is silly. "Love secrets"? What is that supposed to mean? Sounds to me like certain things that might fall under that category are things I'd want to keep secret, thank you very much. So instead I'll just say seven musings about love.

1. I believe that being in love, the feeling, is easy. It's loving, the action, that's the difficult part, and the part that really counts.

2. I believe you can't love anyone properly until you love yourself.

3. I feel like people often focus on the accoutrements of love (outward signs, conditions, etc) more than they focus on the quality of love itself.

4. I despise when people treat love like a status symbol or prize to be won, rather than something valuable for nothing more than its own sake.

5. I have reached the point where I would rather be alone if I can't be with someone I truly love.

6. I will never stop marveling at how much more deeply those you love can hurt you than anyone else, and how at the same time how much easier it is to forgive them.

7. Over the past several months, my black mood has made me absolutely unbearable towards some of those who I love and who love me most. At times I ever did my damnedest to push them all away. And yet, no matter how I pushed, no matter how terrible I was, they wanted to be with me anyway. It means a lot to know that they love me that much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...