Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sick and snowed in


Bah. More goddamn snow. I am so tired of being cold, sliding on the roads, and shoveling. There's no where left to put the damn stuff. I don't know why I bothered coming in to work today; there's nobody here and I probably could have done everything I needed to today over e-mail from home. :-P To top it all off, last night my throat abrubtly started to hurt, as suddenly as if someone flipped a switch from fine to sore. I don't recall that ever happening before; usually my throat will just gradually start to feel a little dry beforehand, then the next day I'll wake up with it sore. Very strange. I also feel like I have a slight fever, but two turns of the thermometer say I'm not only not feverish, but a little on the cold side at 97.1. Wonder if the thing's not working right.

Being sick and snowed in was not part of my plan. I need to focus on writing, which will be tougher if I'm not feeling well, and I really didn't want to have to waste a ton of time shoveling that I should be using to work on character sheets. I got one more done last night, bringing my total of completed sheets up to a staggering two. *Sigh* I need some discipline on this. Only about a month remaining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...