Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just nine to go

I have only nine sheets left to write for The Stand. I'm finally down into single digits, which is encouraging, but that's still a lot to do by the time I wanted to have them done. I may be a day or two late, but I'm going to try my damnedest. And I still need to write up the rule sheet. It's pretty much standard Breaking Light system stuff, so it shouldn't be too complicated, except for the Horse Wrangling and Cattle Rustling minigames I'm still working the kinks out of. Also, I should probably give a rundown of how the map works. As for Resonance, I believe as of this weekend I have completed all my responsibilities for the game outside of packet stuffing and runtime GMing.

This past weekend was a full one, packed with writing, costume shopping, recording, and cooking. Went to the Garment District with a nice friendly contingent containing ninja_report*, laurion*, lightgamer*, and kamianya* in visiting on break from New York. I didn't need anything really, but there was a storewide fifty-percent-off sale and I had a Groupon, so I thought it might be fun. I hate to say it, but I am never as impressed with the thrift store section of the place as I expect to be. If you're looking for something from a recent decade (like the eighties, for example) with really iconic styling you're set, but if you're just a shopper there's a bit too much that looks just plain dated. It's way better for targeted costume shopping, in my experience. Still, I found a nice navy pinstripe blazer from Kenneth Cole that fit well, though I wish it didn't have the four close-set buttons down the front that make it seem every so slightly passe. I also picked up a printed gold- and rust-tone silk Brooks Brothers pocket square. I love the color and the old fashioned patterned, though I'm not exactly sure how to wear a square scarf of this size. Today I decided to try rolling it into a band and tying it around my neck in a plain knot. I think I like it, but I'm not totally sure it doesn't look affected. You be the judge.


Does it work, or do I look like Fred from Scooby Doo? Also not sure the blouse collar doesn't interfere with it too much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...