Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Larp con stuff

Got my second Intercon casting, which means I have all my characters and sheets for the con. This second casting is for Snaf U, which is a Brandeis classic I have been wanting to play for a long time. I see that I got the "tough cast" character, which Nat talked to me about beforehand. That always makes me smile. The role seems to have a pretty difficult job ahead, so we'll see how I do. I enjoy a challenge. :-) Costuming for the role is just going to be regular clothes from my closet, which is nice because it means I don't have to buy anything more. Still, this Sunday at 1PM ninja_report* and I are going to be going to the Garment District to try and take advantage of the sale. If anyone wants to join us there, it could be fun to meet up and shop together. I don't need anything more for Intercon, but I have a Groupon worth twenty dollars, so I'm planning on looking for stuff I like anyway. Can always get stuff for later, and God knows I love thrifting.

In other Intercon news, laurion*, the con chair for Intercon L, recently asked if I would like to be part of bidcom for next year, to which I have happily said yes. I've never participated in anything in the production of an Intercon beyond running games before but I'm interesting in becoming more involved in larp event organization, so that's kind of exciting.

Speaking of work for larp community events, I just sent out a reminder e-mail to all Festival attendees that they should sign up for the dead dog if they're coming, and if they're still on waitlists to consider filling the gaps in the handful of still-open games. Get on that, folks. That reminds me, one thing I need to do in the near future is figure out who to ask to be Festival con chair for next year. Again, I've been trying to get things done as far ahead of time as possible, so I should be looking for someone and have a choice in mind before we get to April. Next year's chair is traditionally announced at the dead dog, after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...