Thursday, February 10, 2011

State of the body

I am still sick, and getting really tired of it. I can't remember ever having a cold that lasted longer than four or five days, but this one's been lingering for over a week now. Tenacious little bastard of a bug. I guess one long cold is preferable to the five or so little colds I got last winter, but still, I'd like to not be packed up with green slime anymore. Even Jared's pre-discontinue psuedoephedrine Sudafed has not brought much relief. In fact, I felt so lousy last night I went to bed at ten and didn't get anything done. I am kicking myself for that, I have too much writing left to waste time even when I'm not feeling so great.

On the plus side, my sore legs seem to have recovered. This pleases me, not only because I feel better moving again, but also because I wanted to practice the dance steps that put me there in the first place. They are fun to do, and I want to get good at them. I even believe I have lost a little bit of weight. I pulled on a pair of jeans that was growing uncomfortably tight just a month or two ago, and now they fit properly again. Hooray! I guess getting exercise like shoveling snow and dancing on top of cutting out junk food was a good plan. The difference is very small and not at all visible, but it means a lot to me that my clothes don't fit me like sausage casings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...