Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So much fun I'm exhausted

Yowza, what a weekend. My play opened to satisfaction from director and cast alike. On Saturday before the show I had a lovely afternoon with bronzite*, including getting to meet his dad and take a nice leisurely walk around Medfield. There was a pretty heavy rainful during call time, so we elected to go into our rainspace, which at least had the benefit of no bugs and air conditioning. To my pleasure I saw that Bernie, laurion*, and Amanda were in attendance as well, and though we didn't get the impression the audience totally followed this somewhat dense and talky play, we the cast were pleased.

Sunday was the pre-show picnic. I must say, it was one of the best-planned picnics I've ever been to, and the company was great. I mentioned I've had bad experiences with potlucks in the past, so when I discovered that everyone had brought something not only delicious but often more elaborate than they'd initially offered, I was floored with delight. We had so many delicious dishes, and it was a good thing too, because I think we had fifteen-- electric_d_monk*, captainecchi*, natbudin*, Michael, Bernie, blendedchaitea*, readerofposts*, Emily, Marissa, Marissa's boyfriend Matt, morethings5*, in_water_writ*, John, Walter, am I forgetting anyone? --lovely people in attendance. It was a somewhat eclectic group, with friends from several different parts of my life, but I think even so everyone got along and had a good time. I unfortunately had to withdraw for a phone call related to a serious family issue (it may be time to finally make a post explaining what's going on there) but I thoroughly enjoyed what time I had with everyone. And the fact that my gang understood the show well enough to laugh at appropriate times made a huge improvement with the audience! Yay for my smart, Shakespeare-getting friends!

And yesterday I was fortunate enough to get to see youareverysmall, my dearest friend from back home, while she and her girlfriend were in the Boston area. I had them over for dinner-- they're vegetarian, so I busted out my cooking-for-veggies standby, the artichoke pie --and got to enjoy her company and meet her girlfriend Samantha, who I am pleased to say is cute, smart, stylish, and extremely well-spoken. I approve. ;-) They very politely listened to me talk about geeky things, and a lovely evening was certainly had.

Now I am weary. I look forward to spending the next several days doing nothing at all. I really need the downtime, after as crammed as schedule as I've had for the last two weeks. And Jared has an interview today. I have my fingers crossed, and anything else crossable on me, and I'm saying a little prayer for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...