Monday, November 9, 2009

Weary-head

The weariness is now setting in. The last week and a half has been a mile a minute, and I'm sure you all know by now how much I hate it when I don't have time to myself due to the packed nature of my schedule.

Bernie has this theory that "recharge time," as he calls it, is different for you depending on whether or not you're an introvert or an extrovert. Extroverts recharge by hanging out with people; the socialization relaxes them and makes them feel better about things. Introverts recharge by being alone; they relax by not having the outside stimulation of other people. I am very much the latter, and I know that when I don't get my alone time for a while, I just start to wear down. It's been days since I had any time to myself, or time when I wasn't committed to something. Don't get me wrong, most of my commitments were voluntary and many of them were a lot of fun, it's just that after a while I get so burnt out on socialization and scheduling that I just want to crawl into my room and hide in the quiet for a while.

It's not over yet. I've conquered a large chunk of it, but there's still miles to go before I sleep. My current to do list is no longer relevant, so it's time for a new one. The most pressing thing on the table is getting ready for SFS Live Action Weekend. Oz is almost completely ready, just requires some printing and packing yet. Paranoia we finished editing the sheets for last night, so they should be going out this morning. There are only a few more writing tasks left in that game, but we can probably start printing before that's finished. Once those are ready, that's a big burden off my shoulders. Of course, I still have to costume for the two games I'm playing, Bard of Avalon and Chateau Ennui. I think I've got everything I need for Chateau, but I'm cross-cast in Bard and the theme is Elizabethan-fairy, so I'll probably have to raid the Hold Thy Peace storeroom for period guy clothes.

One thing at a time, I tell myself. And the next free evening I have I think will be spent locked away in my room, recharging with some much-needed alone time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...